We typically let our hunters choose the method of hunting Trophy Elk that they prefer. Hunters of Trophy Elk can choose the Spot and Stalk method, Bow Hunting, Rifle Hunting, Black Powder, Safari Style Hunting, Handgun, as well as hunting from a Blind. We can accommodate hunters of any age and experience level, as well as hunters which have physical disabilities or may be confined to a wheelchair. Our preferred method of hunting Elk is Safari Style from a high-rack truck so that we can cover more land in a shorter period of time, but sometimes, we'll just sit at a water-hole and wait for the big bulls to come in for a drink.
The Trophy Elk that we offer on our Texas Hill Country Ranches range from 6X6 Bulls in the 320 inch range up to World Record Class Elk Bulls well over 500 inches SCI or B&C. Most of these Elk have been imported from the Rocky Mountains area, and are genetically and physically superior to most Elk you will find elsewhere in Texas or New Mexico...these Elk typically yield around 300 lbs of meat at the processor. Texas Hunt Lodge holds multiple World Records for Elk Hunts.
Elk Trophy Fees
- Record Book Elk (400 - 425 SCI): $12,500
- Monster Elk (350 - 399 SCI): $9,950
- Colorado Elk (300 - 349 SCI): $6,950
- Cow Elk Hunt: $2,450
- New Pending World Record Elk 426"-450" Elk Trophy Fee: $15,500
- New Pending World Record Elk 450"-465" Elk Trophy Fee: $17,500
- New Pending World Record Elk 466"-499" Elk Trophy Fee: $24,500
- New Pending World Record Elk 500"-549" Elk Trophy Fee: $28,000
- New Pending World Record Elk 550"-599" Elk Trophy Fee: Price on Request
- New Pending World Record Elk 600" Elk Trophy Fee: Price on Request
Trophy Fee is in addition to $250 per day which covers All-Inclusive Hunt Package.
Non-hunting guests may accompany the hunter for an additional $100 per day which covers lodging, meals and ammenities as well.
We have local meat processors and taxidermist to take care of your trophy if you choose, or we can prepare the trophy for you to take home with you. Most local meat processors charge $1.00 per lb to process the meat, and $100-$150 for caping the Elk. We have excellent local taxidermists for your Trophy Elk whom charge anywhere from $1000-$1250 for an Elk Shoulder Mount depending on the style you choose, i.e. regular Shoulder mount, Bugling Shoulder Mount, Wall Pedestal Mount, etc. The turn-around time for these taxidermist is from 5 - 8 months.