Texas Elk Hunts
Texas Hunt Lodge will you put you on a Trophy Elk you'll want to hang on your wall, and your Texas Elk will be bigger than that of your buddy's whom hunted all week up in Colorado for his Trophy Elk. From mid-August to the end of February, we offer hunts for Big Trophy Elk (minimum 6x6 Elk bulls). There are no seasonal restrictions on hunting the Elk in Texas, so if you want an Elk Bull in Velvet, we ask that you come in August, otherwise September 1st, all of our Big Elk should be hard-antlered.
We typically let our hunters choose the method of hunting Trophy Elk that they prefer. Hunters of Trophy Elk can choose the Spot and Stalk method, Bow Hunting, Rifle Hunting, Black Powder, Safari Style Hunting, Handgun, as well as hunting from a Blind. We can accomodate hunters of any age and experience level, as well as hunters which have physical disabilities or may be confined to a wheelchair. Our preferred method of hunting Elk is Safari Style from a high-rack truck so that we can cover more land in a shorter period of time, but sometimes, we'll just sit at a water-hole and wait for the big bulls to come in for a drink.
The Trophy Elk that we offer on our Texas Hill Country Ranches range from 6X6 Bulls in the 300 range up to World Record Class Elk Bulls well over 500 inches SCI or B&C. Most of these Elk have been imported from the Rocky Mountains area, and are genetically and physically superior to most Elk you will find elsewhere in Texas or New Mexico...these Elk typically yield around 300 lbs of meat at the processor. Texas Hunt Lodge holds multiple World Records for Elk Hunts.
Your Elk Hunting Package will consist of:
Texas Elk Hunt Pricing
Record Book Elk (400 - 425 Gross B&C)
Trophy Fee - $10,500
Monster Elk (376 - 399 Gross B&C)
Trophy Fee - $7,750
Trophy Elk (350-375 Gross B&C)
Trophy Fee - $6,750
Colorado Elk (300 - 349 Gross B&C)
Trophy Fee - $4,750
Cull Elk Bull Hunt (Spikes or small antlers)
Trophy Fee - $1950
Cow Elk Hunt
Trophy Fee - $1650
New Pending World Record Elk
426"-450" Elk Trophy Fee - $14,500
450"-465" Elk Trophy Fee - $19,500
466"-499" Elk Trophy Fee - $24,500
501"-544" Elk Trophy Fee - $35,000
600" Elk Trophy Fee - $125,000
*The Pending World Record Elk will be World Records for different categories including Methond, i.e. Crossbow, Handgun, Bow, Muzzle-loader, etc as well as Typical and Non-Typical Elk.
*Trophy Fees are in addition to $250 per day which covers All-Inclusive Hunt Package. Non-hunting guests may accompany the hunter for an additional $100 per day which covers lodging, meals and ammenities as well.
To Book your Hunt, Please call us at (830)367-7611, or complete our Online Reservation Page Here
We have local meat processors and taxidermist to take care of your trophy if you choose, or we can prepare the trophy for you to take home with you. Most local meat processors charge $.65 to $.85 per lb to process the meat, and $100-$150 for caping the Elk. We have excellent local taxidermists for your Trophy Elk whom charge anywhere from $1000-$1350 for an Elk Shoulder Mount depending on the style you choose, i.e. regular Shoulder mount, Bugling Shoulder Mount, Wall Pedestal Mount, etc. The turn-around time for these taxidermist is from 5 - 8 months.
We will score your Elk after the hunt SCI or TGR. The SCI Score is the Gross B&C Score
Tips for Elk Hunting with Texas Hunt Lodge
- Wear light clothes in early Fall, September to October, as the Texas Heat will still be a factor when hunting Elk in the middle of the day. In November thru February, a warm coat is necessary.
- For Elk Hunting, we recommend a rifle caliber of at least 30 caliber, i.e. .300, 30-06, .308 or 7 mag. If you like, we also can loan you an Elk Hunting rifle for only $25 including ammunition.
- If you are not as mobile as you once were, that is not a problem...we will hunt Elk Safari Style from our specialty hunting rigs, and you will still be able to cover most of our ranches and we'll wait for the Elk to come to water holes. We can accommodate Elk hunters of any age; we host multiple 85+ yr old Elk hunters each year.
- Our guides will field dress your Elk, load onto a trailer, and then can either Cape and Quarter your Elk for a Shoulder Mount and pack the meat on ice in your coolers (bring 2 to 3 120 quart Coolers per Elk). Or, we will transport your Elk to a local meat processor to have your Elk fully processed into steaks, sausage, jerky, roasts, etc...our local meat processing plant has been in business for nearly 60 years and process over 100 elk annually...they will ship your Elk meat directly to your door via UPS 2nd Day Air, and it will arrive frozen, solid as a rock.
- Kerr County is the Exotic Hunt Capital of the World, and we have over a dozen professional taxidermists in the area...most of these taxidermists charge from $1000 to $1100 for Elk Shoulder mounts, and 25% more for Pedestal Mounts.